Well I finally got the motor (including tranny) completely out.
Took a while since I wasn't really working very often on it, maybe once a weekend.
I was rather complacent once the engines were removed, it was something I needed to get out of the way, but haven't bothered. I'll let the pictures do the talking.
|Finally got the wheels off thanks to my new impact|
|The transmission had to be removed from beneath the car|
In other news, I managed to pick up a sponsorship from Headway Batteries for their new high power cells.
The discharge curve for these cells is even better than their predecessor, not to mention they are now a fire red.
I expect some really nice discharge from these cells. Hopefully they last a couple of cell cycles too. Only time will tell.
|Discharge curve for the new cells|
Since I have picked up the motors, I have been designing a 3d model to aid in constructing a common plate for them. Its interesting learning a new program, but it gets tiring having to learn multiple programs just to meet a single goal.
Im sure I will have some more news in the days to come, stay tuned!