Thursday, December 22, 2011

Motor Removed

Well I finally got the motor (including tranny) completely out.

Took a while since I wasn't really working very often on it, maybe once a weekend.
I was rather complacent once the engines were removed, it was something I needed to get out of the way, but haven't bothered. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Finally got the wheels off thanks to my new impact

The transmission had to be removed from beneath the car


Glory shot

In other news, I managed to pick up a sponsorship from Headway Batteries for their new high power cells.
The discharge curve for these cells is even better than their predecessor, not to mention they are now a fire red.
I expect some really nice discharge from these cells. Hopefully they last a couple of cell cycles too. Only time will tell.

Discharge curve for the new cells

Since I have picked up the motors, I have been designing a 3d model to aid in constructing a common plate for them. Its interesting learning a new program, but it gets tiring having to learn multiple programs just to meet a single goal.

Im sure I will have some more news in the days to come, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment